The Dance Conservatoire will not tolerate any of the following:
1. Smoking on the school premises.
2. Possession, sale or use of alcoholic beverages, narcotics or illegal substances will not be tolerated and may be subject to legal action.
3. All forms of dishonesty, including but not limited to supplying false information to any school official, forgery, unauthorized use of school documents, or theft of official school documents.
4. Theft of or tampering with another person’s property or property of the school.
5. Theft or unauthorized use of school telephones, computers, copier machines, faxes and or office supplies.
6. Trespassing on roofs or other restricted areas of the school, including administration office after business hours or without authorization.
7. Vandalism or tampering with security devices or fire safety equipment.
8. Physical abuse, sexual abuse, threats, intimidation, coercion, commission of any violent act, and/or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any other person.
9. Harassment of another person, whether physical or sexual, oral, or written.
10. Engaging or inciting others to engage, in lewd, licentious, or disorderly conduct.
11. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations set by the Dance Conservatoire.
12. Unauthorized presence of a friend on school property
13. Non- compliance with the artistic decisions made by the Dance Conservatoire staff, faculty and guest artists.
Further more students are expected to:
1. Only drink water within the premises and eat packed lunches in areas stipulated by the administration.
2. Always be neatly groomed and in full uniform.
3. Notify the administration in the morning should they be sick and not in a position to attend lessons. Should they fail to attend two days of classes a Medical Certificate must be presented upon return.
4. Watch a class if they are physically unable to perform due to injury. A note written by a physiotherapist must be presented to the administration for such cases.
5. Fill in an Exemption Form, available from the administration office, in order not to attend classes due to academic reasons. This form should be filled in at least a week prior to the exemption period requested.
6. Treat issues regarding the operation, administration and tuition methods applied within the Conservatoire as strictly confidential.
7. Allow teachers to make physical contact with them during classes to correct their posture, technique and physical alignment.
8. Only attend classes at the Dance Conservatoire and ask for the Director’s permission should they for some reason want to attend a class elsewhere.
9. Attend 85% of their classes. Failure in doing so will effect their promotion to the next year of training.
Code of Conduct
The following rules and regulations have been established to ensure a peaceful, safe and productive atmosphere at the Dance Conservatoire. Students are expected to abide by these rules at all times. Violation of these rules may result in reprimand, probation, disciplinary action or dismissal from the Dance Conservatoire.
Martina Camilleri Bondin
This year has been AMAZING , FUN and I made lots and lots of new friends!! I also learnt many, MANY new things, I even got much more flexible too! I also love the idea that this school gives us lots of opportunities, like in competitions and shows! Apart from that, we have summer school, which is spectacular! It’s a combination of fun and learning, which is perfect! To summarize, this is the best experience of my life joining this school Thank you millions,
Jean Karl Grech
As a parent, I look for activities that bring out the best in my child’s character, build confidence, encourage discipline, and entice physical development. JCDC hits the mark on all aspects and more. My daughter is ecstatic to belong to the JCDC family and will not have it any other way.
Being a JCDC student myself in my younger years, the choice for my daughter was obvious. JCDC has a professional, yet fun environment that feels like family. The teaching method used is disciplined and at a high level of artistry. And the best part is, my daughter couldn’t be happier!!
Ana Stajkovic Georgalakis
My daughter has been dancing since she was five years old, but has undergone a transformation after walking through your friendly doors, where she feels like her second home . You've encouraged her passion and given her numerous chances to improve her abilities and compete at a higher level. The chances you give your students through rehearsals and competitions along with your super teachers and choreographers, make JCDC truly exceptional. I'm very grateful and thank you for everything!